2016 Photo Contest Details
Passionate about sharing your study abroad experience with others? Why not submit to the 2016 Photo Contest!
What are the rules?
- Entrants must be full-time undergraduate students who have completed a summer, winter or semester/year abroad. To submit, students must have registered for the conference.
- Photos must be original work; other than the changing of contrast and cropping, digitally altered photos will not be accepted. The photo must have been taken by the entrant during their study abroad program or on travel during the program.
- Black & white and colored photos are acceptable.
- Photos will be posted on the Returnee Conference Facebook page where people will be able to vote for their favorite photos by “liking” them. Please note that purchasing likes and/or sharing photos on like-generating websites will not be allowed.
- The semi-finalists, determined by the number of “likes” from the Facebook page, will then be put on display at the Returnee Conference on Saturday, February 20th at Emmanuel College. There, the returnee conference participants will be able to place a final vote to decide on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- Up to three (3) photos may be submitted per person, but only one may be chosen as a finalist.
- Entries must be submitted no later than Friday, February 12, 2016. Voting on the Facebook page will close February 17th.
- Winners must attend the conference on February 20, 2016.
- 2016 Prizes have been announced! 1st place will be a $200 STA Travel Voucher and 2nd place a TOM’s Backpack. 3rd place prize will be announced at the conference.
How do I enter?
Photos must be submitted in digital format in the highest quality possible, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in a Word document with each picture that you submit:
- Your Name
- Study Abroad Program Information
- City and Country
- Semester spent abroad
- U.S. University
- Program Provider (if applicable)
- Picture Information
- Title of Work – give the picture a title that describes it best
- Where and when the picture was taken
- Description of photograph
Unless special arrangements have been made, all photos and captions submitted will become the property of the Returnee Conference. Entry of photos will be deemed consent for their use, at the discretion of the Returnee Conference in advertisements, publications, and/or website for the purpose of promoting the Returnee Conference.